Onionfest
Nice work everyone this last weekend. I had a great time.
Brief summary of games.
Saturday.
We lost the first game to Good Times and I don't remember the score, it was something like 11-6. I remember being so cold I thought I was going to die. My whole body ached from shivering so much. I'll bring more clothes this weekend.
Second game, Missoula didn't show up. We sat in the cold and waited, only to earn the coveted double bye and a 7-0 victory.
Third game, we came out tought against Brown Trout and pulled out the victory, 8-5 or something like that.
Fourth game was against Northfield Allstars. Our best game of the day. We came out with a lot of intensity and played super smart. We ended up losing 9-6, but I couldn't have been happier with the performance.
Sunday.
We started late, everyone was tired, and we got trounced by a quality team with people from all over something like 13-4.
We then waited for over 2 hours to play our final game of the weekend against Soylent Green. The wind had picked up so we played zone the whole time. They couldn't quite get the breaks we needed, and we were scoring up wind and down for a 13-1 victory.
Here is Kyle changing after the final game.
And here is the team photo from the weekend.
And here is my first brief try at video editing. There is like 17 more minutes of footage, and I'll be taking more at Gandy.
1 Comments:
Here are my actual scores, written down at the time, so they should be gold.
GT=Loss 11-7
This was ugly ultimate, too much wind and too much rain for either teeam to look very good. At 5 all we dropped two easy catches on our goal line to give them one throw scores. That turned the tide, and they ran away.
Missoula-Quitters
Soup and Coffee break. Nice job by Sleepy Bear room to get us the use of the hotel dryer.
Brown Trout=Win 10-6
This was personally my first win against these players, it felt good. The weather turned great for this game, so it came down to us getting more comfortable with our O and D.
Northfield=Loss 9-6
Future was open deep against all but 4 players in the world. EC should put that up every time.
Fancy Dance=Loss 13-3
The lack of fire and accountability was troubling. This is something to work on. Starting slow on SUnday is hazardous.
Soil and Creme=Win 13-1
We could do no wrong. Nice way to end the weekend and made the drive more comfortable.
Post a Comment
<< Home