Monday, June 26, 2006

Log jammin' Part 1

If you want a piece of Coltrane's heart, you better start from the start.
On Friday we found out our seeds, and it was obvious we had competition. Good Times, and Bolting Broccoli in our pool made it certain that we weren't considered much. We had our work cut out for us as the 3 seed.

One of the best things about a tourney only 40 minutes away is you can figure out your ride shares the day you're leaving. It's no big thing. My ride situation even shuffled around a few times right up to the point of departure. The other good thing, is Kenji and I were able to drive our clunkers.

The party was fairly uneventful, we just commandeered a team table and got a head start on dehydrating ourselves with alcohol. Kenji did his best job of making sure there would be no dancing, playing his esoteric selection of difficult music. (I fell qualified to say this since I have almost the same collection as him, I just know better than to try and get other people to like it.) Then it was time to hit the hay, and as quiet as the party was, the campsite was a little louder. I’m a heavy sleeper, so I missed out on the cougar attacking the bunny. Evidently the screams were horrific.

Saturday Morning
Even in the morning, the heat started hottening.
It was going to be a warm one, luckily I was hurt, so I was able to just stand around instead of getting all hot and sweaty.

Game 1= Bug on Jugular
We came out strong and never looked back. Everything was clicking. Good rotations by our deep lineup, and everyone was involved. 13-0 win.

Game 2=Broccoli
Tight game all the way through. Some questionable sportsmanship, some raised voices. Some pulled on shirts. Some arguing about the result at the cap. So we felt like we won at 9-8, but then had to win again at 10-9. There was a refused handshake that will be marked and remembered for a while.

Game 3=Good Times!
It was nice to play a hard fought game with some positive vibes. GT! Still has our number, and beat us on universe point, 12-13. The team is still rolling though, and our offense still looks great. Most teams are having trouble with the speed, and poaching is turning out impossible to do. There’s no one person on our team to concentrate the defense on, every player is a killer.


Game 4=Ad Huck Committee
These guys gave GT a tough game, and even sport a couple of last year’s Coltrane players. During our bye, GT lost to Broccoli, so if we can pull out a big win, we’ll win the pool due to our bigger point differentials. We do it, and I even get to hit the field for 3 points. Feels good to run, feels bad to stop running and be hurt. Our 13-2 win will pay off or us on Sunday.

Up next, Party and Sunday.
(I'll ad any pix people have to this post, let me know if you have a good one.)

4 Comments:

At 6/26/2006 11:34 AM, Blogger T-Unit said...

I don't have any still pics, but as I'm going through the video footage today I'll see if there are any worthy action shots that I can still capture.

 
At 6/26/2006 1:42 PM, Blogger perg said...

Limited pics this weekend, but even if I had some you know I won't post them until Kleinman anyway.

I will post the photo of Tony pulling in the schoolgirl skirt. Or maybe I will just tell you all about it a few times.

 
At 6/26/2006 8:15 PM, Blogger kenji said...

I set up and put away the soundsystem because I wanted to hear Congotronics with crazy big speakers. I make no appoligies for that.

 
At 6/28/2006 9:45 AM, Blogger bootsy said...

Where's Part 2?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home