Log Jammin' Part 2 (the newbie's take)
So let me take a stab at part 2 from the perspective of a new coltraner.
Party -- that will requre a totally separate post, so I'll leave that up to someone else. I was too busy shakin' what my mamma gave me to recall all the lurid details.
Sunday morning was awesome....I woke up and realized that I had indeed managed to get some good sleep, thanks to earplugs and dancing myself into exhaustion. Breakfast was yummy....I had the veggie sausage and refrained from also having bacon. Coffee was luke warm, and there was no electricity for Kenji's traveling coffee setup.
We helped pick up and carry things to the trailer, but then Good Times offered to do the remainder so we could get out there and warm up. And holy shit, warm up it did!! Try 100 degrees.
Quarters v. Soylent Green
They have some runners, and tall guys too! They are friends and it was a fun, spirited game. We took a little while to get going and traded points for the first half, then I think we went on like a 7-0 run after half to win the game.
Semis v. The Jets
The first showdown between my new (much more awesome team) and my old (not so awesome) team. Su Wen was confused b/c she thought The Jets and Shotgun were actually 2 different teams. Sorry about that ;) But still kinda funny.
We came out strong and stunned them with 2 or 3 unanswered points. Their lack of party presnce was evident as well as we continued to roll with not only stellar play, but amazing spirit and sideline help. I recall hearing multiple times "who is this Steve guy" and "Eric Collins is REALLY fast." I did my share of heckling to appropriate people.......like "come on, at least give us a game!!"
We had the game multiple times as the time cap dwindled.......but between a few missed connections and long-ass points, it came down to hard cap, universe point -- The Jets win..........this time.
Suckers, they had to then play in the heat of the day in the final against Broccoli (who we beat!). Tacos, burgers, beer, and root beer floats ensued. As well as the thank you cirlce complete with shanker-free mini-bottles of alchohol (thanks Joe!)
L-boogie
1 Comments:
Part time Recap.
Games are over, Showers are over, and we’ve gotten our food and beer.
Food was great as usual, but shoveling down spicy gumbo when it’s in the 90s is dumb. I guess that’s what they always do down South, but that proves my point, the South is dumb.
We got a good couple squads together to play some disc golf. (The people who saw me play might not believe it, but I used to average a 3 under on Mach III courses, something is seriously wrong with my mechanics now) After some serious play, team StickStuck finally took 3 skins and built up an insurmountable lead. Under a veil of darkness, Mimi brought a point back to Midgitronic & Friends with an amazing blind putt from 50 feet out. Prizes were awarded, really just giving a whistle to Brent, which I instantly knew was the best idea I have ever had.
The party went according to plan. Lots of whistling, lots of gaying it up. Trashcan ulty was wisely verboten, and the stars of the team brought their dance moves. We delivered a vicious and swift round of Nutter Butters to several tents. Thankfully, we were joined by new recruits Boogie and Clark (who had broken his Nutter Butter and offered the ‘clean’ end to someone who had been with out). As the party would down, we could have aimed for the win, but the SG party method of sitting down the entire time and weakly submitting to Viper after Viper after Viper would be tough to beat. So SG, congratulations on sitting there longer than anyone else. The Coltrane decided to go out with fire in their eyes and took a few streaking laps around the pole before heading off into the night. I zipped up my tent as the last song hit the speakers, but had misplaced my ear plugs. Luckily, the cougar was hunting in a different neck of the woods on this night, and I was able to sleep
Post a Comment
<< Home