Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Come on and let me spawn.

I missed Friday night, so I can’t comment on the epic majesty of BuckOhFive’s ability to overcome her fear of chancres. I spent my night listening to fables of the reconstruction and exchanging tales with Our Greatest Generation.

Saturday I showed up just in time for the captain’s meeting, and was proud to find there was an addendum to the tournament rules; the Piggy/Coltrane hardcap rule. It’s nice to know that teams will switch things up because they lost to you before.

Going in, we know the day is going to be tough, 4 teams we haven’t seen this year,

Joyride
Joyride runs a lot of handler give and gos, especially on the endzone.
They are very effective at getting that little burst and keeping possession.
We are very good at dropping the disc.
We all catch a case of the sucks, and lose this one in a landslide. 5-15.
Luckily, we get a bye for the next round and are able to stew on the loss for the next 2 ½ hours. The whole team is miserable in the head for the way this went, except for Monica who is miserable in the head from drinking and doesn’t even know we lost our fist game because she is still fetal in her tent.

Bye
We go out and by a lot of liquor on our bye. Just incase we’re going to need it the rest of the day. We get Fireball, Hennessy, Hypnotiq, and a bottle of Patron. I also buy a sandwich, a carton of OJ and a dvd of Strange Brew.

Smoke Break
I come out really flustered. For the first time this year, the opposing captain refuses to Roch. I lose the pull, but get the color, we get the wind, so things look a little bit ok.
The team pulls it together and puts on a shellacking. 15-1. Total team effort, and the sun comes back in our smiles. Noteworthy part of the game: the Van Duser comedy hour routine. “Coming in at zero, your highness” even had the other team laughing.

Spork
This is the folks from Bellingham who don’t want to practice anymore and be on Bezerkapiggy. They are old, and somehow still fast. We trade points in the beginning until point 5. Then the wheels fall off the ‘trane. They get 5 in a row before we settle down to go back to trading points. In the second half Steve gets a Callahan, and we take off, eventually running off a five point streak. We get back the lead and squeak out a tight one, 14-13. I know all about these swings and vagaries, because I am the new Kenji, and have busted my heel, allowing me to mainly watch from the sideline.

Alaska
We pulled out to a pretty good sized lead against our northern neighbors. They pull closer, but never really threaten, even when Party drops a pull. We finish the day 3-1 after a horrible start, and have fully redeemed ourselves. We find out that Spork beat Joyride, so we have a three way tie at the top and our seed tomorrow will come down to point differential. This game was mainly a learning experience, like learning what the rules are from the Manazon. Pat was amazingly calm in the face of crossdressing, and we didn’t lean on any one player. I made it back on the field for a few points, and was able to be a little effective within my limitations.

1 Comments:

At 8/22/2006 11:23 PM, Blogger kenji said...

I never got any Hypnotiq! Wait, wait, I get it. I don't bring my baller shorts, I don't get baller drinks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home