Sectionals Inspiration
Derek Redmond was one of Great Brittan's premier Track and Field Athletes of the late 80's and early 90's winning gold metals in 400m and 4x400m relays at the European, Commonwealth and World Championships. In the 1992 Summer Olympics 400m race, he was poised to easily win the gold metal. He posted the fastest time of the first round, and won his quarter-final. However, in the semifinals, around the 175m mark, his hamstring tore. Redmond immediately fell to the ground, in extreme pain. Determined to finish the race, he began to hobble his way to the finish line, his face etched in pain. Redmond's father quickly made his way to the track to help his son finish the race, to a standing ovation from the 65,000 person crowd.
The moral of the story: We need to stay focused on our goal and be determined to finish the race. We've come a long way this season preparing for this weekend. Let's go out this weekend and finish the race. Play hard. Be positive. Leave it all on the field, and have fun. I know that we can play our way to regionals.
LET'S GO!
6 Comments:
I think what you're trying to say is that once OJ gets hurt we should have Cookie carry him into the endzone to make one last symbolic score?
Or are you trying to say we're going to come in last place like this runner guy?
You might be even worse at pumping people up than I am.
I thought the moral was that after I blow out my other hamstring I should hobble around on the field without calling an injury sub. That way people will remember me with tears in their eyes for ever.
Or was if you do something spectacular nobody will really care unless it is on youtube?
No, no, no. I'm saying that we can finish strong, no matter what happens, if we stay focused and support each other.
From now on you should tell me what you are going to say to pump people up, then I'll filter it to make it hardcore and tell the team.
So next should we have a post about staying inspired despite the fact that Kyle and I are snarky jerks?
Post a Comment
<< Home